There are a number of websites to peruse for Nonprofit job opportunities. Which are the best? Well, that depends on what you’re looking for. My top five favorites are listed below:
If your head is spinning from looking at this list, please consider taking advantage of my introductory offer for a Customized Job List for only $50.
1. Idealist, is an interactive site where people and organizations can exchange resources and ideas. You can customize your search based on the type of organization, academic qualifications, region of the world, and more.
2. For Executive level searches, I recommend Execsearch.com, a job board that has been serving the nonprofit, government, education and health sectors since 1999. Their goal is to be the most efficient, online source for connecting mission and talent.
3. Also for Executive positions, CEO Update is a widely circulated jobs newsletter for association and nonprofit executives. CEO Update has grown to become an influential news source on executive careers and pivotal events that shape the association sector.
4. Philanthropy Careers hosted by the Chronicle of Philanthropy lists hundreds of nonprofit jobs AND also provides in-depth information for job seekers about potential employers. You can also learn about live discussions and other events relevant to the nonprofit community.
5. If you’re looking for work at a Foundation, then The Foundation Center’s Job Corner which provides listings of current full-time job openings at U.S.-based foundations and nonprofit organizations.
Other sites to check out include:
Women In Development (an honorary member of my top 5 list) is a membership organization whose mission is to maintain a supportive and collegial network through which women in development and related fields can assist one another’s professional growth.
Women in Communications (an honorary member of my top 5 list) empowers women in all communications disciplines to reach their full potential by promoting their professional growth and inspiring them to achieve and share their successes in the rapidly changing world of communications.
Bridgestar, provides a nonprofit management job board but you must apply through Bridgespan for positions.
Nonprofitjobs is an on-line gathering place where not-for-profit employers and management personnel can meet one another. By posting a job opportunity or candidate credentials with Nonprofitjobs, you can link with thousands of Internet users who may bring new opportunity to your organization or to your career.
Opportunity Knocks is the national online job site focused exclusively on the nonprofit community. For Nonprofit professionals, Opportunity Knocks is the premier destination to find nonprofit jobs and access valuable resources for developing successful careers in the nonprofit community.
The Nonprofit Jobs Cooperative is a collaboration of nonprofit management centers from across the United States. Our goal is to provide a one-stop source for job seekers to search for nonprofit jobs, and for employers to easily publish job opportunities within specific regions.
The New York Times & MonsterJobs.com have partnered to provide job seekers with listings of nonprofit jobs from around the world.
Professionals for Nonprofits with offices in New York City, Newark, and Washington, DC, provides exceptional temporary, direct hire, and consulting staff exclusively to the nonprofit sector. PNP has built an excellent reputation as an expert in the nonprofit employment field and an outstanding track record of successful job placements in nonprofit organizations.
If you got this far and your head is spinning from looking at this list, please consider taking advantage of my introductory offer for a Customized Job List for only $50.